Alaska Landscape 3d Scene
3ds Max, 3ds Max V-Ray (native format), FBX, OBJ
ALASKA MOUNTAINS LANDSCAPE
Complete Scene - 6 terrain models
There are many methods for creating 3d terrains, but ready to render landscape scenes are still the fastest way to get your work done.
Especially in the television industry or short video clips. 3DmKits offers a whole series of this type of products, proven in many productions.
This product is a complete scene of Alaska landscape - snowy mountains with nice like. Designed for animations and games.
The package includes not only the finished scene, but also additional files for further editing and modification.
No plugin need for atmosphere and sun effects - they were made with standard 3dsmax options.
The entire scene is built from 6 unique terrain models. The size of each of them is 6 km x 6 km.
EDITABLE POLYCOUNT of SURFACE
The terrain was created using the displacement map, therefore subdivision modifier increase number of details.
Polycount of each terrain after merge modifiers:
- subdivision 0: 62.500 polygons,
- subdivision 1: 250.000 polygons,
- subdivision 2: 1.000.000 polygons,
- whole scene: 501.216 polygons,
To simplify further modification, we have added a PSD file. By editing brightness of layer masks you can control amount of snow, rocks etc.
The set includes the following formats:
- 3ds max - standard .max version with standard materials, default renderer, no light, sun effect, atmosphere,
- V-Ray version - this is a version for V-Ray renderer, with V-Ray materials, scene is ready to render (lights, renderer settings),
- FBX and Obj - exported formats without light. Skydome, textures and UV's are included,
The images in the gallery have been rendered from the V-Ray version scene.
For the exported FBX and OBJ formats, we have prepared terrain models in three versions - low poly, middle poly and high poly.
They have been exported with skydome.
You can also quickly extrude terrain from the included displacement map, just like it was done in 3dsmax.
The model was tested in the Unreal Engine. For real time engines, a ready model or a displacement map can be used.
HIGH QUALITY STANDARDS
Mesh topology without ngons and low polycount of models.
- no isolated or overlapped vertices,
- no overlapped faces,
- no ngons, 100% quads (even skydome),
- real worlds scale (meters), objects at 100% scale at object level,
- no extraneous, unnecessary objects etc.
- each object has only one material assigned to it (no annoying Multi/Sub-Object materials),
- no duplicated materials and textures in the scene,
- understandable names of objects, textures and materials,
- models are well sorted using groups and layers
There are 27 textures (3 for each terrain):
- color - 8192 x 8192 px, custome made from textures and generated height maps, .psd included as bonus,
- normal maps - 4096 x 4096 px,
- bump map - additional bump map,
- specular - 8192 x 8192 px, custome made from textures and generated height maps,
- skydomes - 6400 x 1600 px, 3000 x 3000 px, 2048 x 2048 px,
- displace map mountain shape - 4096 x 4096 px,