Desert Mountain Range 3D Model
3ds Max, 3ds Max V-Ray (native format), FBX, OBJ
DESERT MOUNTAIN RANGE 10
There are many methods for creating 3d terrains, but ready to render landscape scenes are still the fastest way to get your work done.
Especially in the television industry or short video clips. 3DmKits offers a whole series of this type of products, proven in many productions.
it's perfect for animations from various camera shots.
The package includes not only the finished scene, but also additional files for further editing and modification.
The ground is an area of 7km x 7km. You can copy model several times in scene to create bigger landscape.
EDITABLE POLYCOUNT of SURFACE
The terrain was created using the displacement map, therefore subdivision modifier increase number of details.
Polycount of terrain model after merged modifiers:
- subdivision 0: 62.500 polygons,
- subdivision 1: 250.000 polygons,
- subdivision 2: 1.000.000 polygons,
- whole scene: 62.868 polygons,
To simplify further modification, we have added a PSD file. By editing the brightness of layer masks you can control the amount of sand, rocks etc.
The textures can be repeated for better look in camera close-ups of the ground.
The set includes the following formats:
- 3ds max - standard .max version with standard materials, no light, default renderer, atmosphere,
- 3ds Max V-Ray - this is a version for V-Ray renderer, with V-Ray materials, scene is ready to render (lights, renderer settings, atmosphere),
- FBX and Obj - exported formats without light. Textures and UV's are included,
For the exported FBX and OBJ formats, we have prepared terrain model in three versions - low poly, middle poly and high poly.
They have been exported with skydome.
You can also quickly extrude terrain from the included displacement map, just like it was done in 3dsmax.
The images in the gallery have been rendered from the V-Ray version scene. These are raw renders, no post production.
The model was tested in the Unreal Engine. For real time engines, a ready model or a displacement map can be used.
HIGH QUALITY STANDARDS
Mesh topology without ngons and low polycount of models.
- no isolated or overlapped vertices,
- no overlapped faces,
- no ngons, 100% quads (even skydome),
- real worlds scale (meters), objects at 100% scale at object level,
- no extraneous, unnecessary objects etc.
- each object has only one material assigned to it (no annoying Multi/Sub-Object materials),
- no duplicated materials and textures in the scene,
- understandable names of objects, textures and materials,
- models are well sorted using groups and layers,
There are 9 textures:
- normal map - 4096 x 4096 px,
- blend map - 4096 x 4096 px,
- bump map - 6000 x 6000 px, additional bump map,
- color 1 - 6000 x 6000 px,
- color 2 - 6200 x 6200 px,
- specular 1 - 6000 x 6000 px,
- specular 2 - 6200 x 6200 px,
- skydome - 6400 x 1600 px,
- displace maps mountain shape - 4096 x 4096 px,