Terrain Snow Mountain Landscape 24
3ds Max, 3ds Max V-Ray (native format), FBX, OBJ
SNOWY MOUNTAIN RANGE with FALLING SNOW
The shape of the terrain is a valley with surrounding mountains, making it perfect for animations from various camera shots. Animated falling snow adds realism to the animation (check preview animation).
The package includes not only the finished scene, but also additional files for further editing and modification.
By copying the basic terrain model you can create a larger landscape adjusting it to your own design.
EDITABLE POLYCOUNT of SURFACE
The terrain was created using the displacement map, therefore subdivision modifier increase number of details.
Polycount of terrain after merged modifiers:
- subdivision 0: 62.500 polygons,
- subdivision 1: 250.000 polygons,
- subdivision 2: 1.000.000 polygons,
- whole scene: 63.156 polygons,
To simplify further modification, we have added a PSD file. By editing brightness of layer masks you can control amount of snow, rocks etc.
The set includes the following formats:
- 3ds max - standard .max version with standard materials, default renderer, no light, atmosphere and falling snow,
- 3ds max - this is a version for V-Ray renderer, with V-Ray materials, scene is ready to render (lights, renderer settings, atmosphere and failing snow),
- FBX and Obj - exported formats without light. Textures and UV's are included,
The images in the gallery have been rendered from the V-Ray version scene. These are raw renders, no post production.
For the exported FBX and OBJ formats, we have prepared terrain models in three versions - low poly, middle poly and high poly.
They have been exported with skydome.
You can also quickly extrude terrain from the included displacement map, just like it was done in 3dsmax.
The model was tested in the Unreal Engine. For real time engines, a ready model or a displacement map can be used.
HIGH QUALITY STANDARDS
Mesh topology without ngons and low polycount of models.
- no isolated or overlapped vertices,
- no overlapped faces,
- no ngons, 99,9% quads (only snow particles have tris),
- real worlds scale (meters), objects at 100% scale at object level,
- no extraneous, unnecessary objects etc.
- each object has only one material assigned to it (no annoying Multi/Sub-Object materials),
- no duplicated materials and textures in the scene,
- understandable names of objects, textures and materials,
- models are well sorted using groups and layers,
There are 5 textures:
- color - 8192 x 8192 px, custom made from textures and generated height maps, .psd included as bonus,
- normal maps - 4096 x 4096 px,
- bump map - 8192 x 8192 px, additional bump map, custome made from textures and generated maps,
- specular - 8192 x 8192 px, custom made from textures and generated height maps,
- skydome - 8000 x 1280 px,
- displace map mountain shape - 16384 x 16384 px,